Thursday, March 20, 2008

SICKNESS AT HOME AND AT THE CDC

I’m not really up to a full post right now. I’m recovering from a few days of illness: chills, body aches, coughing. And no, I did not get a flu shot this year. Even if I had gotten one, however, it would have done no good. As you are probably aware, the CDC guessed wrong on the strain this year, and the current shot has not been that effective (which I suspect is more common than they admit). Besides, I don’t have the flu; I have flu-like symptoms.

Speaking of the CDC, check out what David Kirby has to say about Julie Gerberding’s reaction to the Polling case. He hits the nail squarely on the head.

Speaking of heads, there’s sickness not just in the Rankin house right now. There’s a real sickness in the CDC, an agency that’s supposed to be protecting our health. In my case, I got better with a few days rest and lots of fluids. The CDC’s sickness, on the other hand, will require drastic surgery: amputation of the head.

ADDENDUM:
Looks like someone else went down with flu-like symptoms. And unlike me, I have to think that he got his flu shot.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Amputation of the head" it is Wade!

Have you checked in with Ginger Taylor yet today? (www.adventuresinautism.blogspot.com, for everyone who still needs to know).

And you may want to take another peek at www.ageofautism.com, too.

Anyway--the White House has apparently asked Jenny McCarthy to ask us all to "stop calling."

Stop calling?

But we haven't heard a response yet.

And we're being asked to shut up?

The last time I looked, this is still America, and "shut up" is considered an inadequate response to the wishes of the American people.

Once again, those numbers are:

White House main line: 202-456-1111

White House switchboard: 202-456-1414

I couldn't get through this morning. And I tried twice.

Can anyone get through?

Let us know what you hear.

Terri Lewis

3/20/08, 2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you're sick Wade. We've all had it at the Nanstiel household, too. But it isn't the influenza virus at all. (We tested Miranda for the flu) It's some other virus. So you're right.. the flu shot would have done nothing.

But I hear the stomach flu is beginning its rounds, now.

Erik

3/22/08, 11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home