Thursday, June 28, 2007

IF YOU JOUST WITH THE WINDMILL OFTEN ENOUGH, CAN YOU HIT THE TARGET JUST ONCE?

My friend and blogging buddy, Ginger is getting tired of waiting for Autism Speaks to respond to the criticism it has been receiving lately. She’s now organizing an effort to present a collection of letters giving the “big tent” a chance to let us in. Go here to find out more.

Does this constitute what is sometimes called a “vain and useless act?” Maybe. Will the leopard change its spots? Not likely. Will it do any good at all to write a bunch of letters? The odds say no, but the chance that somebody inside of Autism Speaks may have enough integrity to take our concerns seriously is enough that I will probably join the effort. How about you?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I already wrote to Alison Singer a few months ago and didn't get any response. I don't think it's because I was rude but if I was I seriously doubt that anything I'd have to say to anyone at AS these days would be more civil, so I think I'll just take a pass on this one.

7/2/07, 6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alison Tepper-Singer and the rest of the crew at Autism Speaks are not worth my time. Who appointed them God and why do we all care?

Between Tepper-Singer saying she wanted to drive her daughter off a bridge and Suzanne Wright admitting Katie and her father are not speaking, etc. they all sound like one big dysfunctional family to me. Who would look to these people for anything regarding autism?

7/2/07, 5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home