Sunday, February 12, 2012

WHAT ARE THEY SO AFRAID OF?

We are the people who won't go away.

We ask the questions that haven't been answered, and that won't be swept under the rug.

And whenever it becomes apparent that we--and our pesky questions--are still hanging around, the people who would shout us down and/or label us with snide names ("anti-vaccine," "mercury militia," wackos," etc.) ramp it up a notch. They are no longer content to hint at their real message: that the collateral damage of hundreds of thousands of injured children is an acceptable sacrifice for the "greater good" of an out-of-control vaccine program.

Those who place an unquestioning belief in that program--a belief built more on taught lore than on actual scientific study--have realized that the questions and the questioners remain. So now the almost predictable and thinly veiled cries have arisen that our words should not even be heard.

I could not say it all any better tha does Louis Conte in a recent post over at Age of Autism:
That the concept of censorship is so comfortably proposed by seemingly main stream people is of profound concern to me. It seems that those who support the vaccine program have convinced themselves that the program is above discussion and public discourse. Vaccines are all good and unquestionably safe. Those who make them, administer them and supply them are all beyond reproach. Bringing up the radioactive ‘autism’ thing really throws them into a tizzy. Not only is discussion of vaccines and autism found to be against “scientific consensus” but it is now supposed to be described as a “fringe theory.” If you talk about this issue, you are a member of a lunatic fringe. You are out there in the woods, looking for Bigfoot.
The entire post, entitled "The Death of Public Discourse and the Heavy Snow of Plausibility" is a must read. Go here to do so.

6 Comments:

Anonymous ChrisKid said...

You say that civil comments are welcome. I'm wondering why that call for civility only applies to the comment section, and not to your own post in the first place. It seems to me that lying about others is somewhat uncivil, and this: "They are no longer content to hint at their real message: that the collateral damage of hundreds of thousands of injured children is an acceptable sacrifice for the "greater good" of an out-of-control vaccine program." is an outright lie.
The real message is, and has always been, that the claims of 'hundreds of thousands' of injured children have not been substantiated by any scientifically valid method. No one has ever said, implied, or so much as hinted, that anything like that number is acceptable. What is being said is that there isn't any evidence for that number in the first place. Please be honest about this. No discussion can take place unless you do that.

2/13/12, 10:15 PM  
Blogger Kerry Magro said...

Wade,

My name is Kerry and I was diagnosed on The Autism Spectrum when I was 4 years old. I have been advocating for disability awareness ever since I was in high school. Now as a young adult, I have started a daily video blog called “My Autism My Voice” which discusses several related autism topics. I appreciate what you are doing through the parenting community because I often consult for parents with young children with autism.

Besides from this I recently graduated from Seton Hall University and have been doing my best to help as an advocate in The Autism Community. I currently write a bi-weekly blog for Autism Speaks in relation to College with Autism. Through this opportunity I have started speaking at schools across New Jersey about disability awareness along with my experience on The Spectrum. I am also in the midst of finishing my first novel along with retooling my website which you can find here.

If you can, I would love if you could forward my video blog to anyone who you think may have use for it. One of my biggest missions through this initiative is too get as many families involved as possible so we can help strengthen our community. You can follow my blog and or subscribe to my youtube page here to get started.

If you also have any thoughts about my blog, videos, or anything at all it would greatly appreciated. Thank so much for taking the time to read this email and I hope you have a wonderful day!

Best Regards,
Kerry Magro
Kerrymagro.com
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Kfm3415
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kerry-Magro/159413000779152

2/14/12, 1:15 PM  
Blogger Jamie Sue said...

I'm sorry to contact you through the comment form, but I couldn't find your email address.

I'm writing to ask your help in promoting The BareFoot Review ( Http://www.barefootreview.org). The Barefoot Review is an open poetry forum for poets with disabilities and their caretakers. It is a valuable cathartic resource for people living with disabilities. Right now TBR is actively seeking submissions for their next issue.

Is there any way possible you could mention The BareFoot Review on your blog?

Jamie Sue Austin

5/15/12, 1:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7/5/12, 5:52 AM  
Anonymous Accutane said...

Good to know about your blog i like it.
Thank you for post.

7/13/12, 11:55 PM  
Blogger Shabana Sheikh said...

Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work. ketamine for chronic pain

12/4/21, 1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home