Saturday, December 20, 2008

BE A SCROOGE THIS CHRISTMAS

I couldn’t resist sticking my head up from my hole long enough to share a yuletide thought.

Why is it that we call people “Scrooge” when they aren’t “Christmas people?” Far too often when we think of Dickens’ classic A Christmas Carol, we focus on the pre-visitation Scrooge, and we forget that it is a tale of redemption. Scrooge at the end of the story is what we should be focusing on. After all, Dickens tells us in his last paragraph that Scrooge was able to keep Christmas as well as any man.

By means of illustration, I’m posting the last two scenes of the 1951 movie version (my particular favorite), with a sublime performance by Alastair Sim. Watch them, enjoy, and resolve to be a real Scrooge this Christmas. Let the spirits of Christmas visit you.





Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m back to my blogging sabbatical. Happy Holidays to one and all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bah, humbug!!

:-D

Merry Christmas to the Rankins from the Millers.

12/23/08, 9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home